Business Self Storage
Here are just a few of the many different reasons why businesses need to store items off-site in a secure location:
- They may have a legal duty to retain paper records for several years but not have the space at their business premises for all their archive boxes.
- Business premises are typically expensive for retailers so to save on costs seasonal items can be stored off-site in a self-storage facility.
- Internet-based businesses, especially small or startup enterprises, may choose to use self-storage as a more cosy-effective option to warehouse facilities.
- Home-based businesses may have outgrown the space at home but not be ready for business premises. So self-storage is perfect as there are no long tie-ins to contracts if the business is still be experiencing income fluctuations.
- A business may have upgraded office furniture or equipment but be reluctant to part with the old furniture if it is still in perfectly good condition.
"Business owners can hold a key or access card and control who has access to their storage space."
Commercial Self Storage
Businesses today like to keep their overheads down and do not want to have to pay enormous fees for high rent office space above and beyond what they will use every day. You will pay the same per square foot for storage space in an office building as you will for the office. Less expensive self-storage is ideal for these businesses. If you are fortunate to work in a rapidly growing company your business may need more storage space and self storage is an excellent, secure and cost effective option. You will be in possession of a key or access card and can control who has access to the space providing excellent security access for your items.
Paper and computer records, infrequently used equipment and even office furniture can be stored in a self storage facility. Most storage companies offer climate controlled storage to protect items that can be sensitive to the environment. Be sure to provide details of what items you need stored when requesting estimates so that the storage companies can give accurate estimates. Different items may require different storage conditions so they will need to know this when calculating the estimate.
"Over the past several years archive facilities have cropped up in great numbers around the country. This is due in part to the large number of records being generated by firms and the need to have these records stored correctly and in many cases to meet regulatory requirements."
Using Self Storage for Archives
An archive is an organized body of records relating to an organization or institution and it is also the name of the place where these records are kept. Over the past several years archive facilities have cropped up in great numbers around the country. This is due in part to the large number of records being generated by firms and the need to have these records stored correctly and in many cases to meet regulatory requirements. It is also due to the need for offices to be as paperless as possible, something that never really came to fruition even after the invention of the computer when people expected it to.
Almost any company can gain from storing files and paper records in an archive. Many doctors, dentists, lawyers and corporations both large and small can take advantage of this option to move some of that paperwork off site. Office space can be very expensive per square foot and using large storage spaces in the office for records may not be cost effective. Off site archiving can be an excellent low cost option.