- Tesco shops in Cambridgeshire offering discounted kids meals for summer holidays
- The Fish and chip shop in Cambridge with a reputation for being 'posh'
- Danger to women sex workers in Peterborough prompts councillor to take action
- Ex-Cambridge City councillor to be sentenced for possessing over 600 indecent images of children
- 'I was pushed further than I ever should have been' Former Cambridge University rower speaks out
- South Cambridgeshire bin workers threaten strike over pay after receiving 'insulting' offer
- People of Cambridge left feeling romantic as a heart appears in the sky above Addenbrooke's
- Prince William shares only sport 'competitive' Kate Middleton always wins
- DWP set to give Christmas Universal Credit bumper bonus as cost of living crisis worsens
- Neighbours' Guy Pearce: Cambridgeshire roots, family tragedy and MCU stardom
The City of Cambridge is one of the most beautiful and romantic cities in Britain. Situated in the quiet east of England, amid the rural countryside of Cambridgeshire. The residents, students of the University and visitors, have the best of all worlds, the combination of the romantic medieval image and an up to date city; Cambridge is beautiful, not over big and with all the amenities of a University City. Cambridge?s unique setting on the banks of the River Cam, the ?backs? and the magnificent architecture of the University buildings all combine to make Cambridge the most unforgettable place, one which will linger long in your memory.
Shoppers will find a pleasant environment in Cambridge, for browsing in the bustling market square or discovering the many individual shops, the major stores and the excellent bookshops.
You can relax in the pleasant surroundings of the University Botanic Gardens, where you will find a huge collection of plants in a tranquil garden setting.
Cambridge has many cosmopolitan cafes and restaurants, serving a selection of food from around the world, together with traditional English cuisine.
In the evening Cambridge offers a choice of theatres, cinemas and clubs. Classical music concerts and organ recitals take place in many of the college chapels and live music can be enjoyed in a number of pubs.
Living in Cambridge
Overall Cambridge is a wonderful place to live. It has a nice blend of people along with a relaxed and open minded culture. You can relax in the pleasant surroundings of the University Botanic Gardens, where you will find a huge collection of plants in a tranquil garden setting. Or take a gentle stroll along the Backs where you will enjoy seeing the wonderful architecture of the colleges across the river; for the more energetic why not take a punt along the River Cam, in true Cambridge style. With amazing rural visual landscapes and omnipotent structures all over the city dating back to the 1800’s Cambridge has a real feeling of grandeur.
Cambridge – Its narrow streets and historic colleges are famed across the world, as are its legions of cycling students, and there can be few people who have not seen pictures of punts gliding down the willow-lined River Cam.