- DWP: Millions of Brits with hearing conditions could get up to £627 PIP a month
- Platinum Jubilee weekend: Everything happening for the Queen's royal celebrations in Cambridgeshire
- Kate Middleton's very fancy snack of choice which is extremely healthy
- A47 Guyhirn junction near Wisbech opens after huge £17m investment
- Whistleblower claims Cambs ambulance service is ‘unsustainable’ as staff miss breaks and work ‘dangerous’ hours
- Alex Tunbridge made 'career decision' to leave boyhood club Stevenage for Cambridge United
- Peterborough man who controlled victim's money and diet charged with ten domestic abuse related offences
- Terrifying witch trial involving Oliver Cromwell's grandparents spread panic in the Cambridgeshire Fens
- Cambridge man spotted wielding knife outside nightclub in early hours jailed
- Cambridge's 'narrow house' on Mitcham's Corner and the rumoured story behind it
The City of Cambridge is one of the most beautiful and romantic cities in Britain. Situated in the quiet east of England, amid the rural countryside of Cambridgeshire. The residents, students of the University and visitors, have the best of all worlds, the combination of the romantic medieval image and an up to date city; Cambridge is beautiful, not over big and with all the amenities of a University City. Cambridge?s unique setting on the banks of the River Cam, the ?backs? and the magnificent architecture of the University buildings all combine to make Cambridge the most unforgettable place, one which will linger long in your memory.
Shoppers will find a pleasant environment in Cambridge, for browsing in the bustling market square or discovering the many individual shops, the major stores and the excellent bookshops.
You can relax in the pleasant surroundings of the University Botanic Gardens, where you will find a huge collection of plants in a tranquil garden setting.
Cambridge has many cosmopolitan cafes and restaurants, serving a selection of food from around the world, together with traditional English cuisine.
In the evening Cambridge offers a choice of theatres, cinemas and clubs. Classical music concerts and organ recitals take place in many of the college chapels and live music can be enjoyed in a number of pubs.
Living in Cambridge
Overall Cambridge is a wonderful place to live. It has a nice blend of people along with a relaxed and open minded culture. You can relax in the pleasant surroundings of the University Botanic Gardens, where you will find a huge collection of plants in a tranquil garden setting. Or take a gentle stroll along the Backs where you will enjoy seeing the wonderful architecture of the colleges across the river; for the more energetic why not take a punt along the River Cam, in true Cambridge style. With amazing rural visual landscapes and omnipotent structures all over the city dating back to the 1800’s Cambridge has a real feeling of grandeur.
Cambridge – Its narrow streets and historic colleges are famed across the world, as are its legions of cycling students, and there can be few people who have not seen pictures of punts gliding down the willow-lined River Cam.